Wednesday, August 24, 2011

About Love

In my next several postings, my topic will be love.

I'll look at artists who are motivated by love to create, and I'll consider the ways they express love in their work.

What is love? Its objects and meanings are as many as lovers. What  I'm interested in are fervor, ardor, and full commitment. I'm interested in the way that love itself defines its object.

So look in the next few days for the beginning of a series that will include essays about the work of outsider artist Bruce New; about one magnificent, defining work by Aminah Robinson; and about a friendship circle of composer-performers, Sal Martirano, Dorothy Martirano, and Morgan Powell.

I hope you'll sign up as a Follower of Starr Review; these essays will come to you automatically when you do.

Stay tuned!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment